5 ways to eat this cute little brassica:
1. Raw. Uncooked, kohlrabi is crunchy with a little kick - a bit like a radish or turnip. It's excellent sliced up with hummus, grated or cubed on salads, or you can even just bite into it like an apple. (That last one will get you some looks.)
2. Roasted. Oven-roasted kohlrabi takes on a mellow richness that's great with onions, carrots, asparagus, and garlic.
3. Steamed. Steam your kohlrabi, then toss it in a salad or stir-fry.
4. Make coleslaw. Shred it raw, and just replace the cabbage in your favorite recipe with it.
5. Don't forget the greens. This one is cheating because you can to it in conjunction with #1-4. But don't waste the kohlrabi greens! Use them as you would any other leafy green - salad, soup, stirfry, etc.
Kohlrabi is known to aid in digestion, boost energy level, regulate blood pressure, improve bone strength, improve eye health, increase your metabolism...the list goes on! For more details on that, check out OrganicFacts.com.
More recipes at https://www.marthastewart.com/1033766/kohlrabi-recipes
If you've got a good one, share it with us below!